Although you can wear almost any kind of bridal lingerie on your wedding night, traditional bridal lingerie is usually white to symbolize purity. It is often made of satin and/or lace and adorned with pearls or light-colored sequins, similar to your wedding dress.
Some brides wear bridal lingerie underneath their wedding dress and some don't. If your special wedding night lingerie matches your wedding dress nicely and is comfortable, it might be nice to wear it underneath. Satin lingerie will tend to make you hotter, so cotton might be a better choice because it's cooler, and it'll absorb some of the sweat. Plus, you don't want to get your bridal lingerie all sweaty - you won't have time to wash it before you need to wear it that night.
When you choose your bridal lingerie, you'll have many choices. The most popular bridal lingerie is a white lingerie corset with matching panties and white stockings. If this doesn't sound like your style, any white, revealing lingerie would be acceptable. For example you could wear babydoll lingerie with crotchless lingerie panties; or a flirty lingerie bra with satin lingerie panties; or even a sheer lingerie lace gown with no panties.
Your wedding night is a one-time event. So don't be afraid to make it as exciting and romantic as you want it to be. The lingerie you choose will have a major impact in how exciting your wedding night turns out to be. No matter what you wear, your groom will surely be very excited.
Bridal Lingerie Checklist
- Buy Bridal Lingerie in white, cream, or ivory if you are wearing a light colored wedding dress. Otherwise choose your bridal lingerie in a color to match your dress
- Purchase early so the lingerie arrives well before the big day.
- Check out lingerie sets in order to save money
- Be sure your bridal lingerie fits with your wedding dress
- Don't forget the extras, like garter belts
- For the honeymoon, choose whatever sexy lingerie you want - don't be afraid to go a little crazy